> A crazy idea: and try to use existing Swing components with Pivot
> wrappers (Scala Swing seems to do something like this ... Ok, complex
> but powerful, and with the benefit to have the original L&F) ...

That's certainly possible too. A Pivot theme could (theoretically) be created
that uses Swing UI delegates under the hood.

> my fear is to try to implement something that will be complex to
> mantain (L&F fidelity with Swing) and that could not port too much
> users to Pivot ... but here none has the answer ...

Again, the idea would be to simply delegate to the existing Terra skin classes,
so there shouldn't be much to maintain once the general approach is established.

> And to finish only few small things:
> - to solve font problems as seen by Noel, what do you think on adding
> to the Skin json definition file (containing skin colors and other
> settings) also a list of alternate fonts/dimensions to use (and maybe
> also a way to specify "use native font and dimension") ? I'm already
> working on this for other features for the 2.0.

I think the alternate font list makes sense. I'm not sure about trying to match
the native font. Like Flex and Silverlight (as well as JavaFX), Pivot defines
its own (cross-platform) look and feel. It doesn't attempt to emulate or match
the native L&F because there are too many other issues with that approach.

> - to improve a Swing-like L&F, what do you think on a new Terra's
> theme json configuration file containing Swing colors (and fonts, etc)
> ? Simple to do and could give a similar appearance ... and also this
> for the 2.0.

That is not a bad idea. Actually, I am wondering if it might be possible to
create a sort of "adaptive" version of Terra that could dynamically generate
its color palette from the current Swing default L&F...