On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Robert Godfrey wrote:
>>
>> 2009/12/3 Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>

>>> No, actually, I thought you were referring to wanting to use the .Net
>>> client on Mono period-fullstop.
>>>
>>> If you're interested, the System.Messaging related discussion were
>>> mostly on the mono mailling lists:
>>>
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/mono-devel-l...@lists.ximian.com/msg16641.html
>>>
>>> I'm not quite sure when they switched to Rabbit, but it seems
>>> reasonably complete: http://www.mono-project.com/SystemMessaging
>>>
>>> Of course, it doesn't work with any of the Qpid brokers because we're
>>> not compatible with AMQP 0-8 as published.
>>>

>> As an aside - we should really try to fix that and detect people using
>> "real" 0-8...
>>
>> Hopefully if they update the code to speak 0-9-1 then it'll work with our
>> Java Broker.
>>
>> It is a realy shame that Qpid cannot provide a .net client that speaks all
>> AMQP versions that would meet the Mono guys' needs
>
> To reiterate Aidan's point from a few emails ago, a quick look at JIRA for
> the dotnet component[1] reveals a large number of patches that have sat
> neglected for six months.
>
> This is really shockingly bad and puts another spin on all the "there is no
> interest in dotnet" arguments. There is clearly outside interest in the
> dotnet client, given that there is interest inside qpid as well, one wonders
> why this has happened.

The patches got neglected probably bcos we don't have an owner for the
.NET implementation.
Tomas who contributed the initial stuff and Arnaud who did the
subsequent stuff are no longer with the project.
So there's no owner to actively maintain the code or look at patches
and apply them.

This situation will probably continue until we manage to find somebody
with suitable skills who is willing to champion this effort.

--
Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat