On 12/08/2009 02:34 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
As there have been no comments or questions on the discussion thread,
I'm going to move this to a vote:

Qualities we look for:

- A candidate must demonstrate an understanding of how our project
is structured and how we work.

- A candidate must communicate openly about work planned/in-progress.

- A candidate must demonstrate expertise in a significant area of
the existing code base.

- A candidate must demonstrate an extended commitment to the
project.

Tests for these qualities:

- contacting the right team members to discuss changes

- actively soliciting feedback for significant changes or new
development

- multiple independent contributions over a period of several months

- sponsorship by someone who has worked directly with the candidate
reviewing and committing patches

- detailed positive feedback from those who have worked directly
with the candidate

- a record of patches that maintain or improve the quality of the
code without the need for feedback or rework

Please cast your vote below:

[+1] Adopt the above statements as our official committership criteria.