Le 16/11/2010 16:19, Robbie Gemmell a écrit :

Talking of JIRA, what are peoples thoughts on the version numbers
post-release? Should the 0.7 and 0.8 versions be merged together and
renamed 0.8 ? I think it might be more understandable for users, as
0.7 was never released. Currently there are items in both 0.7 and 0.8
versions and I would have to give links to both Release Notes outputs
to get a full picture of whats actually in the 0.8 release.

Merging the two versions in JIRA makes sense (0.7 becomes 0.8).

The release notes will have to explain why the version number jumped from 0.6 to 0.8, otherwise people will keep asking what happened to the 0.7 release.

Personally I still think this release should have been Qpid 0.7 and not 0.8, the alternatives to an odd/even numbering were never seriously discussed on the list.

Emmanuel Bourg