So, I have changed my mind about incorporating updates to RC2 to fix the
mostly documentation-related issues noted thus far; in the interests of
these changes actually getting made sooner rather than later (e.g. let's say
the 0.10 RC stages :P), I will produce RC3 later in the week to incorporate
such updates if they are made. Quid pro quo people.

I include a summary list below of possible changes to the RC's mentioned to
date for people familiar with the affected areas to action. I will update
the Java client/example readme.

Regards,
Robbie

>From Steve:

QPID-2948: Generated API docs have extraneous macro names in method
signatures

>From Alan:

There's an out of date RELEASE_NOTES file from the M4 release. Do we
overwrite
that each time or do we have a better way of getting release notes (e.g.
from
JIRAs)? It is referred to by README.txt so if we remove it we need to update
that.

examples/README.txt had inconsistent line endings, I checked in a fix on 0.8

branch & trunk

examples/qmf_agent is missing. Its there in the source tree but is missing
the
makefile magic to put it in the package.

examples/qmf_console has no documentation in README.txt

>From Jonathan:

File: qpid-0.8.tar.gz

###./qpid-0.8 directory:

No README.txt or INSTALL in the top-level directory. The user needs an
overview that describes which directories contain which component, and
points to README.txt and INSTALL in those directories.

### ./qpid-0.8/cpp directory:

README.txt contains a "Quick Start" that doesn't work, because there is
no configure file:

We do ship configure with the cpp distribution.

### ./qpid-0.8/cpp/examples directory:

Do we want to continue to ship the old API examples, with no indication
that these are using the older API? I would remove them or at least put
them in a subdirectory with a name that indicates they do not use the
current API.

The Java client README.txt includes instructions explaining how to run
the broker and not how to build and run the examples.

>From Chuck/Me:

.Net bindings are not called out specifically, and are only included in the
'full release' archive.