I have promoted the maven artifacts to the release repository, they are now
available at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases and
should get mirrored to the central repo imminently.

You are editing the right file Justin, but it looks like the live version
was updated without updating the source file accordingly (see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1088983). The live
version is the example to follow when updating the source, it was updated to
remove the older release info after some discussion between the PMC
following a mail from infra about removing old artifacts from the mirrors.
Only the latest version should get a specific call out on the download page
since its what we recommend people use, but anything older is always
available in the archives. Once the 0.10 release is mirrored, announcements
made, website updated etc then we should probably remove 0.8 from the dist
mirrors fairly promptly this time.

Robbie