While the root cause for both these items have been present in 0.8
(and perhaps before for QPID-3216) these issues are *more likely* to
happen in the current release than in 0.8
In that sense they are regressions, and certainly from a users pov of they are.

I think recent changes in the client and broker may have made these
issues happen more likely.
While r1092510 may have caused QPID-3216 to happen more readily there
may be other triggers that can cause this as well.
(Also please note that r1092510 is actually the correct behaviour and
if thats causing a deadlock then it's a concern.)
Same can be said for QPID-3214.

The fact remains that we do have deadlocks lying around in the code
and they have a better chance of happening with 0.10 !
Having said that I agree with Marnie that we should not be holding up
the release, as fixing these issues safely may not be possible within
the next week or so.
(We need to release note both these issues, if we go ahead with the release.)

Regards,

Rajith