All,

I notice a number of recent patches address trivial issues like white space,
spelling mistakes (one patch just changed a single letter in a label). And few
other patches update a large number of files for trivial/non-functional changes
– like whitespaces. I strongly suggest we refrain from authoring/encouraging
such patches – for many reasons. One of the main reasons is the overhead such
updates add in backporting real/critical fixes (that would come later) to other
branches, as these changes might force dealing with merge conflicts.

Since the changes introduced in such patches are not essential, I would suggest
to take these up when these source files are updated for other functional
fixes. I would greatly appreciate if the patches focus on fixing/enhancing
Ranger functionality; this would be benefit the community immensely.

Thanks,

Madhan