No, we still support multiple renditions (i.e., basic-mobile) to be defined if that's what the blogger wants, for single-rendition the blogger can use either a responsive theme or even a non-responsive one (my smartphone just shrinks the image if it's non responsive, I can enlarge it and view chunks of the blog page.)

The older code, if there was just the standard rendition defined, would make a copy of it and make the copy the mobile rendition, requiring the theme user to have to maintain two sets of templates even if they were desired to stay identical (e.g., a responsive theme). When I took that out -- no copies unless two renditions are defined in the theme.xml -- I apparently didn't get the code right for the standard theme to be the default one. I'll get it fixed.

As for the "browser user agent", I'm not sure if that "deviceType" parameter is something that a Roller page creates once in a browser or something all browsers supply regardless of the website that they are on, Googling isn't bringing up much on that parameter so I'm assuming the former. I'm pretty much new to this particular topic.

Glen