Modifying the query to remove the join, I guess would be the way to go for
a single user install.

...Personally I always tend to add immutable foreign keys to files as I do
not like doing queries for users.  But then I prefer composite keys (no
joins with id's) which I guess is another matter all together! :)

Cheers Greg