I forgot to mention that the tutorial requires the nightly build.

________________________________
From: Alex Harui
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:49:58 PM
To: dev@royale.apache.org
Subject: Re: Royale in 10 minutes (was Re: Proposed table of contents for
Royale help documentation)

Hi,

I've pushed what I will call a first draft of the main portion of a
tutorial for using Royale.

See:
http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/RoyaleDocs_Stagin
g/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/_site/create-an-application/application-tuto
rial.html

Feedback welcome.  Looks like it might be more than 10 minutes, but it was
an interesting look through what Royale can and can't do.

A few things I thought of:
-DataGrid in Express should probably default to using percentage column
sizes.  Then the apps will be "responsive" by default.
-If DataGrid could handle plain Array, it would save a few lines in the
tutorial.
-Should this example look better out of the box?  Different borders or
something like that?

Other than responding to feedback on the tutorial, I am going to fill out
the application-structure page then move on to ASDoc.  So folks are free
to just make changes to the .md files to improve the tutorial.  I think
that may close out my week.  If I can make ASDoc work a little better and
the tutorial is "ok" (not necessarily great or perfect), it might be a
good time to cut another release early next week.

Thoughts?
-Alex