I think there's a cost, don't know if the cost is higher or lower. To me is
not only the cost, is about as well as methodology. For me is incorrect to
have a CSS always be compiled, no matter what kind of application I'll be
constructing, even if nothing of that CSS goes into the final Application.
You're making a useless compilation, that can introduce bugs or not, or you
must keep and eye always that is not doing wrong things. If you don't put
that CSS in mandatory SWC, your problems are all gone. I think CSS should
be *always* in optional SWCs. For me maybe this is the most important
concept or rule we should follow.