I'm all for this kind of changes. Things should be as easy and straight
forward as possible, so if we can simplify something to get the same, this
is better. And we are still on 0.9.x so is not something we *can* do, is
something we *must* do if it enhances the overall solution and is possible.
I think the proposed branch is the best way to go to know exactly what is
needed. But in theory sounds good to me.

thanks