Eike Rathke wrote:

I consider a formula standard to be more of the kind of other standards
such as MathML and XForms and the like. OpenDocument could define which
standards to use for content, but doesn't necessarily have to define the
standard itself, IMHO.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. OpenDocument borrows a lot from existing standards, and in fact, that's one of the things I like about it. It's like we have all these disparate standards (XForms, MathML, Dublin-Core, SVG, etc) and OpenDocument brings them together, sort of speak.

Cheers,
Daniel.