Hi Eike,

would you think that it is usefull, to analyse the structure of the formula and store it in an appropriate XML structure with different attributes for operator, operand? In my opinion (as XML rookie) this would give us the best implemetation indepedance and a well defined interface layer between the Excel importer and the OOo spreadsheet engine.

Maybe it's possible to seperate the specifications for the expression itself, and the cell reference which points on the input values. IMHO would this make the syntax useable for other kinds of applications too. I'am thinking on something like a database server plugin, that uses the same formula syntax, but uses references to data inside the database instead of spreadsheet cells.

Regards Jörg

Eike Rathke schrieb:

Hi Daniel,