Wojciech Gryc wrote:
  1. Using the wiki, I learned how to modify current functions, and
  exploring the code shows me where add-ins are placed and how they look. I
was wondering, however, where do function names get stored? Again, I see the
  interpX.cxx but those function names are not the same as the ones I
  call from Calc -- how does Calc know what to call?

  I guess what I am trying to get at is, how can I add functions to Calc
  through the source code? All the tutorials I've found are for add-ins.

  2. From your perspectives, should this be considered an add-in or
directly coded into the "sc" folder? Is there any other area of the source
  code I should be working in?

The whole thing should be a UNO component (unless it has to do something that can't be done in a component). I don't think cell functions are the right approach anyway. From a user's point of view, I was thinking of a menu entry, then some user interface (dialogs) to select the calculation and data, and the results ending up as values (and possibly graphics, but not formulas) in the spreadsheet. This can all be handled by a "normal" component without using the add-in interface.

  3. Any thoughts on the TCP/IP versus package-to-OO communication
  mentioned above? I think it might be a bit beyond the scope of the summer
  project, but I'd be happy to try to tackle it if there's interest.

TCP/IP for the sake of distributing across machines is certainly beyond the scope of the project. But I'd still like to see some kind of integration that doesn't force the component under GPL. The first idea was to pass command line arguments to a separate process, but a local TCP/IP connection might be an alternative.

I just finished my last exam for this school year on Friday at 4 pm, so I'll
be working on this pretty much full-time now. You can expect to hear a lot
more compared to what you've been hearing so far. :)

Great.

Niklas

(The past few days have been quiet from Hamburg because May 1st is a holiday, and most people took Monday off, too)