Hi,

I am not fully convinced that everything should be a UNO-component.

Of course, the actual functions, GUI, menus and so on should be probably coded outside of the sc folder. [Most of the other native Calc functions should probably be removed from this folder, too, sometime in the future.]

BUT from my point of view, the primary IO-functions should probably be inside the main Calc code [although my UNO-component knowledge is quite limited precluding a more serious analysis]. My belief is that especially the input routine should be inside the main code. [Something like a more advanced iterator being able to traverse a selection and read the cell content and having the ability to handle missing values / strings / and so on.]

As a side-note, there has been a recent discussion on the R-devel list about R-embedding and some features that would be needed in the future. It might be interesting to read, so I post a link here to the first article in the thread: https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2007-May/045606.html . I hope this will be helpful.

Sincerely,

Leonard


Niklas Nebel wrote:
Wojciech Gryc wrote:
  ...
  2. From your perspectives, should this be considered an add-in or
directly coded into the "sc" folder? Is there any other area of the source
  code I should be working in?

The whole thing should be a UNO component (unless it has to do something that can't be done in a component). I don't think cell functions are the right approach anyway. From a user's point of view, I was thinking of a menu entry, then some user interface (dialogs) to select the calculation and data, and the results ending up as values (and possibly graphics, but not formulas) in the spreadsheet. This can all be handled by a "normal" component without using the add-in interface.
...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to