Hello Leonard Mada 
Thank for your suggestion!

It's highly possible that the bug is introduced by AutoSpellcheck.
The bug will disappear if AutoSpellcheck is disabled.
If AutoSpellcheck is enabled, "paste" can work well if the string is just one  
word.
But "paste" can eat out of memory when the string is not word.

I'm  looking forward to your suggestion.

Best Regards

Tang Quanfa

On Tue, 15 May 2007 23:59:03 +0300, Leonard Mada wrote
> I have added a comment to issue 59453. It goes like this:
> 
> Crashing is definitely a BUG.
> 
> However, what wonders me is that when I select everything (ctrl + A),
> Calc would
> select only the range A1:Y68 on an empty sheet, yet when I paste, it
> tries to
> paste well beyond this range. Actually, the range gets incremented over
> and over
> again. What is the limit?
> 
> What should this "maximum range" be?
> 
> I would opt for something like:
> 1.) either A1:Y68 as currently (or some other small value)
> 2.) in case of a non-empty cell: up to the last row/column that is non-empty
> 3.) open dialog box and ask user how many rows/columns should be filled
> 
> I would strongly prefer options 2 and 3.
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Leonard Mada
> 
> jim wrote:
> > 开源技术部-唐全发 wrote:
> >   
> >> Hello Niklas: 
> >>     I'm Tang Quanfa, a developer in Beijing Redflag Ch2000 Software 
> >> Co.,Ltd . 
> >> I work in the SC team, my main work is fixing bugs. Recently,there is 
> >> a new crash bug that we found in the OOo2.1 . 
> >>
> >> The bug can be described as follows: 
> >> 1. Open a new Calc document; 
> >> 2. Select a cell,and input some English characters; 
> >> 3. copy the selected cell. 
> >> 4. at last,select all cells(Ctr+A),Paste(Ctrl+V); 
> >>
> >> Result: Crash. 
> >>   
> >>     
> > I tried this on linux while running top to watch the memory used.
> > All swap space was filled first, then all memory was used. When there is
> > no memory left, OOo is terminated, but I do not think it crashed -
> > possibly terminated by the operating system?
> >
> > See issues
> > http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=59453
> > http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=39839
> > http://qa.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=1299769
> >
> > To find these I searched the OOo website for example: calc memory copy paste
> >
> > jim
> >
> >   
> >> If it is chinese characters,the program will be executed normally. 
> >>
> >> I'm  looking forward to your suggestion. 
> >>
> >> Best Regards 
> >>
> >> Tang Quanfa 
> >>
> >> 2007-05-15
> >>   
> >>     
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


--
Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to