From:   Dan Dumont/Westford/IBM@Lotus
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:   09/30/2011 03:51 PM
Subject:        Re: Switching views

I'll try to look into this soon.   Under a deadline to get our patches
reviewed and delivered.
I'm pretty sure we have this working fine internally, I'll see what I can
set up and check.

From:   daviesd <davi...@oclc.org>
To:     <dev@shindig.apache.org>,
Date:   09/30/2011 03:40 PM

Dan,

I went back to an example we've used for a while to demonstrate changing
views and it no longer works either.  I wonder if something changed
recently
that broke this?

doug

On 9/30/11 3:12 PM, "daviesd" <davi...@oclc.org> wrote:

> My bad... I wasn't passing the second parameter correctly (the gadget
url).  I
> am doing it correctly now. Firebug errors go away, but the view still
does not
> change.
>

> On 9/30/11 3:04 PM, "daviesd" <davi...@oclc.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't have a public accessible site, sorry.
>>
>> Here's what I have now (not sure if I should be tweaking view or render
>> params).
>>
>>     var viewParams = {};
>>     viewParams[osapi.container.ViewParam.VIEW] = 'home';
>>     var renderParams = {};
>>     renderParams[osapi.container.RenderParam.VIEW] = 'home';
>>     container.navigateGadget(gadgetSite, gadget, viewParams,
renderParams);

>> Firebug shows me
>>
>> Failed to navigate for gadget [object Object].
>> Failed to possibly schedule token refresh for gadget [object Object].
>>
>> doug
>>
>> On 9/30/11 2:52 PM, "Dan Dumont" <ddum...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm..
>>> Though you can, I wouldn't start the render chain from the gadget
site.
>>> There is important lifecycle things that happen in container.
>>> navigateGadget
>>>
>>> So you verified that the key being passed in was cased properly (as
the
>>> constant defined in RenderParam)?
>>> Do you have a public url that I could look at?
>>>

>>> From:   daviesd <davi...@oclc.org>
>>> To:     <dev@shindig.apache.org>,
>>> Date:   09/30/2011 02:45 PM
>>> Subject:        Re: Switching views
>>>

>>> Thanks Dan.  Ya, even with those suggestions I'm not getting it to
switch.
>>> I also tried.
>>>
>>> gadgetSite.render(gadgetSite.getActiveGadgetHolder().getGadgetInfo(),
{},
>>> renderParams);
>>>
>>> Just wondering what the intention is here.  For example we have a
>>> 'preferences' view and my gadget has a menu item that want to switch
>>> that