Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> ...Yammer metrics went through some breaking API changes between 3.0 and
> 3.1. It wasnt designed for OSGi and it is debatable if those changes
> conform to an OSGi notion of semantic versioning...

> ...One reason for the SPI is that Yammer Metrics uses
> sun.misc.Unsafe and does implements a 64bit Stripe class that bind to
> the Sun JDK. There are pointers to what needs to be done OpenJDK...

Ok, given those two points I'm ok with not using Yammer Metrics -
isn't there another choice besides building our own?

>> ...Also, as Ian says we need metrics all the way down to the Oak level,..

>.. Or putting this simple API somewhere it can be used by both projects ?..

Ok, if we create a simple OSGi-friendly metrics library that's shared
between Sling, Oak and maybe Felix (as those communities overlap) that
would be much better that just doing it in our own corner.

-Bertrand