Hi,

In some upgrade cases I need to be able to force an install runmode to
change - for example with this:

  sling.run.mode.install.options = foo,bar

which makes foo and bar mutually exclusive. I have an existing
instance with a foo run mode that needs to be switched to bar at
startup.

IIUC this is currently not possible except by deleting the
sling.options.file which is not good - that file might include other
important settings.

How should we make that possible?

One option is to specify the new run mode like FORCE:bar to express
that we want to override the stickiness of the foo run mode, but maybe
someone has a better idea?

-Bertrand