Am 07.01.15 um 18:26 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Hi,
>
> In some upgrade cases I need to be able to force an install runmode to
> change - for example with this:
>
>   sling.run.mode.install.options = foo,bar
>
> which makes foo and bar mutually exclusive. I have an existing
> instance with a foo run mode that needs to be switched to bar at
> startup.
>
> IIUC this is currently not possible except by deleting the
> sling.options.file which is not good - that file might include other
> important settings.
>
> How should we make that possible?
>
> One option is to specify the new run mode like FORCE:bar to express
> that we want to override the stickiness of the foo run mode, but maybe
> someone has a better idea?

I think we shouldn't make this possible :) The stickyness of the options is,
there for a good reason as usually switching is not working. If we now
provide an easy way to do exactly that, people will use it and run into
trouble.

I would rather go with a simple tool, that reads the sling.options.file,
changes it and writes it back.

Adobe Research Switzerland