On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...I thus think, that this standalone tool changing the persistence should be
> extended to go into the runmode persistence file and update the respective
> flag.
> Such that from a POV of Sling, the persistence is just there as expected....

I agree, that's my use case indeed and special processing is needed to
migrate the Jackrabbit data to Oak anyway, using Oak's conversion tool
[1].

So it makes sense to include the runmode change processing with that
tool so that the data conversion goes along with the runmode migration
- I'll probably create an example in my whiteboard that people can use
if they need to do that.

-Bertrand

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-upgrade/