Hi

Ok, according to an off-line discussion, this is really related to the question
of how to make sure Sling starts in the correct runmode after having migrated
the JCR repository from, say, Jackrabbit 2 to Oak.

First I think, the migration of the persistence is an explicit and different
step from the upgrade of the Sling application (keeping the persistence). So, I
think to migrate the persistence, a special tool is needed in any case.

I thus think, that this standalone tool changing the persistence should be
extended to go into the runmode persistence file and update the respective
flag. Such that from a POV of Sling, the persistence is just there as expected.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix