>But we have to think about other providers as well, what if I use the
>mongo resource provider? Can we make the same guarantees? We have an
>abstraction and have to come up with a solution that always works
>without exceptions.

when speaking oft he nosql resource providers based on the generic abstraction
[1] - this is not possible today, but would be possible to implement in a
generic way with only a little help from the implementations per nosql database.
but it would have a performance impact, because currently all resources in a
subtree are removed using a pattern query, not caring how many with which
properties.

but same as oak with compacting - with this implementation it would not be
possible for the application listener to implement the filtering on their side,
because only one delete event for the root node is sent.

stefan

[1] http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/nosql-resource-providers.html