I think this is a legitimate ask. This goes back to a "what is sling"
fundamental. If Sling is only there to produce HTML and json is a convenience
then a rewriter for JSON doesn't make sense. If, however, JSON is a truly
supported output model, then we need to consider how we support such things as
URL re-writing either universally, or specifically for JSON.

- Jason