On Tue, Oct 30, 2018, at 5:50 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> On Tue, 2018-10-23 at 12:00 -0400, Jason E Bailey wrote:
> > 1. Creating a resource provider to use as the default resource
> > provider for the starter installation
> > 2. Define a Resource
> > 3. Define a Resource Type hierarchy
> > 4. Convert all  generated HTML to HTML5 standards
> > 5. Fix the website
>
> Can you add some more information about 1-3? Are you looking to build a
> custom resource provider specifically for the starter?

for statement 1:
I'm going to try not to wander to much because there's a lot of emergent ideas
that are all tied together on the mailing list.

Let me state my view of Sling:
Sling is a REST platform that wraps a key-value store that provides an easy way
to store and retrieve data using a URI and to change how that data is presented
in a consistent manner.

Sling provides OOTB
# Authentication
# User and Group  Management
# Scripting Support
# POST modification
# Multiple Rendering Support
# Support for multiple data store back ends, whether it's  local or cloud.

Saying that, some of this isn't true because Sling was tied so closely to the
jcr in the early days that Sling delegated functionality to the jcr that should
have been at the Sling level.  Part of overcoming that is to have a default
data store that is used by the starter that is maintained by the Sling team.
Ideally it should be able to handle a production site.