Hi all,

I wanted to get the communities input on formatting of long options for the
Solr CLI.   I noticed on https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-cli/ that
their examples all are —dashed-case.

However, we have —solrUrl or —zkHost as our pattern.   Though in working on the
PostTool, I used —solr-update-url as the parameter because I had been reading
the commons-cli docs...

I’d like to get this sorted so that I can get
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16824 over the finish line.   So
please do speak up with preferences!   (And please let’s not support both!)

The changes to the formatting will be a 10x thing.

Eric

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> |
My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.