I'm in favor of communicating dependency changes to our users!  I'm
not in favor of specifically how we do it now with many changelog
yamls with a mismash of bulk changes, one offs, and overlapping
(multi-bump).  There's a separate thread for this topic; let's resume
there.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 12:01 PM Andrzej Białecki <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, sorry I missed this.
>
> I’m not sure I like removing the version bump changelogs altogether. For 
> applications that integrate Solr artifacts it’s sometimes critical to know 
> the exact version changes because they may have cascading consequences.
>
> Of course, you could argue that once you examine the artifacts or check the 
> list of PRs the version changes become self-evident… but it’s so much easier 
> and precise to just check the Changes.html.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrzej
>
> > On 29 Sep 2026, at 17:39, David Smiley <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > more changelog management:https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/4944 (I
> > had tagged you for review 4 days ago but maybe you don't see when
> > people do that)
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:57 AM David Smiley <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> The branch freeze has been quite short; I recall it lasting a week in
> >> the past.  Furthermore we have a 9.11 RC in progress; not sure we've
> >> ever done concurrent releases either.  I think there may be problems
> >> from that with changelog management.  Post-release of 9.11, I *think*
> >> this truncates "unreleased" changelogs off of main/branch_10x.
> >>
> >> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 6:58 AM Andrzej Białecki <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Hi all,
> >>>
> >>> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Solr 10.1.0
> >>>
> >>> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
> >>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-10.1.0-RC1-rev-b29b61bcc163c6fb083666f3e5237d2b86d13833
> >>>
> >>> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
> >>>
> >>> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
> >>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-10.1.0-RC1-rev-b29b61bcc163c6fb083666f3e5237d2b86d13833
> >>>
> >>> You can build a release-candidate of the official docker images (full & 
> >>> slim) using the following command:
> >>>
> >>> SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-10.1.0-RC1-rev-b29b61bcc163c6fb083666f3e5237d2b86d13833/solr
> >>>  && \
> >>>  docker build 
> >>> $SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER/10.1.0/docker/Dockerfile.official-full \
> >>>    --build-arg SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER=$SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER \
> >>>    -t solr-rc:10.1.0-1 && \
> >>>  docker build 
> >>> $SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER/10.1.0/docker/Dockerfile.official-slim \
> >>>    --build-arg SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER=$SOLR_DOWNLOAD_SERVER \
> >>>    -t solr-rc:10.1.0-1-slim
> >>>
> >>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2026-10-02 11:00 
> >>> UTC.
> >>>
> >>> [ ] +1  approve
> >>> [ ] +0  no opinion
> >>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
> >>>
> >>> Here is my +1
> >>> ----
> >>>
> >>> Cheers,
> >>> Andrzej
> >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> >>> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
> >>>
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to