I've encountered two non trivial things I want to draw attention to that 
we may want to try and address before releasing...


1) In SOLR-18455, the "fixes" to metrics enable=false being respected now 
mean that existing downstream tests may start to fail because 
MiniSolrCloudCluster has (quietly) always defaulted to enable=false (in 
contradiction with normal solr defaults)

I'm not sure if/when/how we want to "fix" this, but we should at least 
call it out in the ugprade notes.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18455?focusedCommentId=18120856&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-18120856



2) I *really* don't understand this one yet, and i need to keep digging, 
but i wnated to mention it in case it rings a bell for anyone...

in downstream tests where I'm using LogListener and/or introspection hooks 
of some custom SearchComponents, I'm finding a lot of unexplained requests 
for 'q={!lucene}*:*' popping up in my tests.  At this point it's more of a 
nucance then an obvious indication of a "bug" -- and i'm not sure if it's 
a result of something that changed in the test-framework, or solrj, or 
solr-core -- but it certainly smells fishy.



-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to