Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> That's great if we use the zone machine for DNS, that doesn't really work for
> individuals running on our own machines...  ;)

Do you run a simple caching named on your machine?

 If so, it would be really easy to add a forwarding zone to forward all
queries for a particular domain to a the zone machine.

A quick named.conf example would be something like this:

options {
    forwarders { <INSERT ISP DNS SERVERS HERE>};
    forward only;
};

zone "example.com" IN {

    type forward;
    forward only;
    forwarders {<INSERT ZONE MACHINE HERE>;};
};

But I think --reuse should suffice. However, we should be on the lookout
for the fact that spamhaus is auto-detecting and auto-blacklisting sites
making lots of queries. That could dramatically change the scoring of
the rules.

Which also brings up a second issue. Should we disable Spamhaus by
default as we've done in the past for razor and DCC? They're no longer
"free for everyone", and actually even reasonably small networks can't
use them for free (100 user limit).