On 1/15/2015 2:43 PM, Mark Martinec wrote:
What is a PR?  A bugzilla ticket?

Yes, a problem report.  Sorry for using terminology from another context.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if you meant a press release about the bug but that seemed overkill...

If there are other perl critic warnings, they are likely not enabled
in that test.

Opened a Bug 7119.
Probably depends on a version of Perl::Critic.
I upgraded to $VERSION = '1.121'; of Perl::Critic so we can try and be on the same page.

That statement deserves the  '## no critic'  annotation,
something like (untested) :

    # see Bug 7120
return undef if !defined $_[0]; ## no critic (ProhibitExplicitReturnUndef)
Exactly. ## no critic (ProhibitExplicitReturnUndef) - See Bug 7120 added and passes xt test.

Will commit as soon as I have a full make test completed.

For other cases I didn't check.
The other cases are all returns if a $self checker is not defined so much less of a concern anyway.

Regards,
KAM