We’ve discussed several times upgrading our communication tools, as far
back as 2014 and maybe even before that too. The bottom line is that we
can’t due to ASF rules requiring the use of ASF-managed mailing lists.

For some history, see this discussion:

   -

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-user/201412.mbox/%3CCAOhmDzfL2COdysV8r5hZN8f=NqXM=f=oy5no2dhwj_kveop...@mail.gmail.com%3E
   -

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-user/201501.mbox/%3CCAOhmDzec1JdsXQq3dDwAv7eLnzRidSkrsKKG0xKw=tktxy_...@mail.gmail.com%3E

(It’s ironic that it’s difficult to follow the past discussion on why we
can’t change our official communication tools due to those very tools…)

Nick
​