+1 (non-binding)

Are identifiers and namespaces going to be rolled under one of those six points?

From: Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 8:39 AM
To: Spark Dev List <dev@spark.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE] Functional DataSourceV2 in Spark 3.0

I’d like to call a vote for committing to getting DataSourceV2 in a functional
state for Spark 3.0.

For more context, please see the discussion thread, but here is a quick summary
about what this commitment means:

·         We think that a “functional DSv2” is an achievable goal for the Spark
3.0 release

·         We will consider this a blocker for Spark 3.0, and take reasonable
steps to make it happen

·         We will not delay the release without a community discussion

Here’s what we’ve defined as a functional DSv2:

·         Add a plugin system for catalogs

·         Add an interface for table catalogs (see the ongoing SPIP vote)

·         Add an implementation of the new interface that calls SessionCatalog
to load v2 tables

·         Add a resolution rule to load v2 tables from the v2 catalog

·         Add CTAS logical and physical plan nodes

·         Add conversions from SQL parsed plans to v2 logical plans (e.g.,
INSERT INTO support)

Please vote in the next 3 days on whether you agree with committing to this
goal.

[ ] +1: Agree that we should consider a functional DSv2 implementation a
blocker for Spark 3.0
[ ] -1: I disagree with this goal because . . .

Thank you!

--

Ryan Blue

Software Engineer