I’m sure we, as a community, will seriously consider any proposal that
Spark would benefit if the PMC delays release X to include changes A, B, C.
Indeed, every release I remember has had a few iterations of “can we hold
the train for a bit because it would be super great to get this PR in”.

Many contributors (including me) do believe data source v2 should be done
by 3.0, can mark the appropriate JIRAs as blockers, and will at release
time argue in favor of holding the train for a week or two if that’s what’s
needed to get all the pieces on board.

What the vote seems to imply is that we will consider holding the release
even beyond the “just a few PRs in review” level, if there are serious
outstanding design or implementation questions. That’s not a judgment I
think we can make in advance. Is it better to delay Spark 3.0 by N months
or DSv2 by 6 months? Who knows - depends on the PMC’s priorities at the
time and how confident we are in the value of N.