If the mirrors don't have the signatures, then we should probably link to the
mirrors and the signatures separately. It's definitely important to have a link
to the mirrors so people can get this through ASF infrastructure without
hitting only the main server.

It's true that they don't seem to have them, even for other projects -- for
example check out
http://mirror.tcpdiag.net/apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.0.5-alpha/.

Matei