On 08/30/12 07:29 PM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
On 08/30/12 06:48, "C. Bergström" wrote:
I'm sincerely sorry to ask this and I have my own answers, but why continue STDCXX when such negativity from Apache is apparent..

AFAICT, the Apache Foundation has been a good host for STDCXX during these years. They have provided a framework for STDCXX to function in as well as an infrastructure for its daily activities. All in accordance to their principles about what constitutes a healthy software project.
I disagree that the recent actions have fostered positive growth in the project. 1) They fired the previous PMC - who was by far the most invested and dedicated person to the project. I don't care if he missed some reports or had a few flippant comments - I think it was pretty stupid (I mean he's part of the C++ standard committee) 2) Posting the project is dead on a public list certainly doesn't help grow a community

Hosting and mailing lists can be put almost anywhere and very a menial thing. I see discussions like this and bureaucratic non-sense as a dire roadblock to success.

or
Why not move to libc++? (Yes I realize the amount of effort involved here)

It can't be explained.
Sure it can, but it's biased to perspective and needs. For example if libc++ doesn't support Win platforms, or you must maintain STL compatibility or if you want to have support for C++11 sooner.

I'll contribute time, resources and engineering help if the project moves away from Apache, but not otherwise.

./C