On Sep 20, 2012, at 8:02 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:

>>> That may be a valid metric here.
>>
>> The only one. Any programmer worth his salt -- I am borrowing your words
>> here -- would be able to demonstrate the validity of his point of view with
>> a test case.
>
> I did. There are 12440 race conditions detected for an incomplete run
> of 22.locale.numpunct.mt. By incomplete I mean: it did not run with
> its default nthreads and nloops which I believe are 8 threads and
> 200000 loop iterations.

That is not it, and you did not. Please pay attention: given your assertion
that a race condition is a defect that causes an abnormal execution of the
program during which the program sees abnormal, incorrect states (read:
variable values) it should be easy for you to craft a program that shows
evidence of that by either printing those values, or aborting upon detecting
them, etc.

> [...] and overall just email bullshit.

Stop using that word.