The above issue has occurred because of the time it takes to SM to receive
the application created event. Now I have fixed this my making a service
call from SM to AS to find cluster id of a given application, cartridge
alias rather than relying on the application events.

This fix is now available in master branch.

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think I found the reason for not publishing Artifact Updated event. It
> looks like the Mock IaaS is responding fast and SM is receiving the
> Instance Started event before receiving the Application Created event. I'm
> now fixing this.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I just did a quick test to verify grouping functionality with sample
>> applications and following is the current status:
>>
>> ApplicationStatusNotescomplex-appNot Activatingcomplex-app-with-lbNot
>> Activatingdependent-scaling/sample-cartridgesActivates but found few
>> errorsArtifact update event is not published
>> dependent-scaling/sample-groupsNot Activatinggroup-cartridgesNot
>> ActivatingArtifact update event is not publishedgroup-scalingNot
>> ActivatingArtifact update event is not publishedgroup-scaling-v1Not
>> Activatingmore-complex-appNot ActivatingArtifact update event is not
>> publishednested-groupNot ActivatingArtifact update event is not published
>> single-cartridgeOKsingle-group-group-scalingOKsingle-group-v1Not
>> ActivatingArtifact update event is not publishedsingle-group-v2Not
>> ActivatingArtifact update event is not publishedsingle-group-v3Not
>> ActivatingApplication deployment stops at some point
>> We have 14 sample applications now and only 2 of them get activated
>> properly. Please find more details in the below spread-sheet:
>> ​
>>  Sample Applications - Current Status.xlsx
>> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GBIQuitW4w8G_zXFArgaUBo8P5p0KHql7Aef-XNqg3o/edit?usp=drive_web>
>> ​
>> The above test was done with Mock IaaS and I see an issue in ADC where it
>> cannot find the application while trying to publish the Artifact Updated
>> event once Instance Started is received. I'm now investigating this.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2