Hi folks... I'm working on an update of my Struts Web Services project,
and I can't seem to work out how to do something...

What I want to do is have a way to redirect to a given JSP when ActionForm
validation errors occur that will OVERRIDE whatever might be configured in
the action mapping.  In other words... in a normal application, validation
errors occur and we get forwarded back to the input page.  I want to be
able to redirect to a different JSP, REGARDLESS of what the input page is.

I looked at overriding the processValidate() method of RequestProcessor,
but I don't see how that can work... Looking at the source of the original
RP (v1.1 this all is) I see that it does the forward and then returns a
boolean, true if no errors occur or false otherwise, so it doesn't look
like I have the opportunity to do something like the following
psuedo-code:

myOverriden_ProcessValidate() {

  boolean b = super.processValidate();
  if (!b) {
    forward to my jsp
  }

}

... because by the time I hit my check of b, the forward or redirect has
already been done.  Is it possible to override the forward or redirect
that the super.processValidate() could do?  I didn't think so.  Am I
missing the obvious somewhere on how to do this, or maybe I'm barking up
the wrong tree to begin with?  Thanks all!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect