Are you familiar with my project Paul?  If not, I'll briefly explain
(otherwise, just skip to the third paragraph)...

It is a project that allows Actions to be exposed as Web Services with no
changes to the existing code.  All a developer has to do is add a plug-in, and
optionally a new webservices-config.xml file, and the Actions can be called by
SOAP clients without doing anything more.

However, one of the things that is lacking in the current version is proper
handling of form validation errors.  I think essentially the request would die
a horrible death at worst, and at best just return gibberish, because the
errors are not handled in any way.  I need to add that capability.

To address your specific question, the input page is irrelevant in this
situation because input did not come from that page.  However, I want such a
request to return a "real" error message, still as a valid SOAP-based response.
 As all the output is now generated by JSP templates, it makes sense to do the
same to handle these validation errors.  So, I therefore need a way to make the
RequestProcessor (where all the things that make this work in the first place
are done) forward to a JSP, regardless of what the input page attribute might
say.

Alternatively, a developer would have to add an extra mapping for every Action
they want to expose as a service, but that is contrary to my "quick ,easy and
transparent" goal that I've been following all along.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect