Whether XWork is moved to Apache or not, I 100% agree the docs and API should be in a single location. WebWork has been doing this for a while, and I think we should continue the practice. The relationship between Action 2 and XWork could be like Action 1 and Commons Validator - the user doesn't have to go to the Commons Validator site for docs; they are well-integrated.

Don

Bob Lee wrote:
What's the plan for XWork? I would recommend against keeping it as a
third party dependency and for copying the necessary code over into
the Struts repository and refactoring it (clean up exception handling,
remove statics, better integrate APIs, etc.). We could keep the Java
packages separate (if we really think it's worth it), but there's
definitely no need for two separate projects. Looking in two places
for the documentation and API is a huge pain, not to mention confusing
for new users.

Bob