On 4/18/06, Jason Carreira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ahh, you're talking about forking it and copying the source into Struts
> Action 2?

No... but I do think we should shield Struts users from the XWork
API/documentation as much as possible (i.e. a lot more than WebWork
does). I _suppose_ it's nice that you can drop down to XWork and do
non-web things, but I don't think we need to expose 99.9% of Struts
users to this. For starters, we should have a struts.xml, not an
xwork.xml.

Both Jason and Ted mentioned compatibility. Ted, I completely support
the need to maintain velocity.

We've been using WebWork heavily for about a year and a half. I think
maintaining backward compatibility after you release Struts 2.0.0 is
an order of magnitude more important than maintaining backward
compatibility with WebWork. It will be harder for me at first, but I'd
like to see us take this opportunity to smooth over some of the rough
spots so we don't have to break compatibility again down the road.

I think support for generics is a must. Struts 2.0.0 will require JDK
1.5, right? For example, getParameters() should return Map<String,
String[]>.

Thanks,
Bob