Bob Lee wrote:
Also, how do the tags relate to JSTL? Are we just going to ignore
JSTL? Or are we going to use JSTL for JSP with some WebWork-specific
extensions and the WebWork tags for other template engines?

I personally prefer the latter option. Struts has always tried to work well with standards, and JSTL should be no exception. I guess the question is whether the overlap tags will be deleted or just deprecated. I'm fine with deleted.

Are we going to continue using OGNL, or are we going to use JSP EL?

This is a good, yet complicated question that has seen much discussion lately. The bottom line is there are features in OGNL that we can't live without: type conversions, projection, and method calls to name a few. If we can somehow either a) extend the JSP EL to support these features or b) implement OGNL behind the JSP EL API's, I see a future in closer collaboration. From what I understand, both are possible, just waiting for someone to step up and do the work.

Good to see you on the list, and congrats on the marriage.  I admit I was a
little jealous as to its location :)

Don

Bob