Jason brings up a great point.  Is Struts2 meant to be a "mostly" compatible
upgrade from webwork 2.2.2, or is it to be similar to the upgrade from Struts?
We have spoken about correcting the API, but I do not think this question has
ever been asked.  I think we have also been saying that if you want to get a
kickstart on Struts2, use webwork as their will be only small  changes - if
this is not the case we need to start setting expectations now.

As far as the API is concerned, the only question I have is do you think that
the forField() and forRequest() methods should be more generic?  i.e. if flash
scope or workflow scope is added, additional methods would be needed.