> Ok, what about passing in an instance of Messages,
> MessagesAware, or something
> similar?

Well, currently the validators are passes a ValidatorContext when they are
created. The ValidatorContext includes methods for adding messages as well as
methods for getting localized texts, etc.

> Also, I forgot to mention, I'd like to avoid the use
> of "Error" when referring
> to messages, because many times there are errors,
> warnings, and information
> messages.  I like the ability for validation to raise
> warnings that don't result
> in a failure, but allows me to warn the user the
> value might not be what they
> were intending.

Yes, that's what the difference of the *errors, *warnings, and *messages does
in the current ValidationAware interface (implemented by ActionSupport via
delegation to a ValidationAwareSupport instance).