On 6/21/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Again, Struts Action and Struts Shale would both retain their separate projects,
codebases, and release cycles.  Struts 2.0 is about building something on top of
our Struts efforts to create a unified front to users.  Users don't care about
all the little projects, subprojects, and libraries we have; I think they just
want something to help them build webapps - they want Struts 2.0.  And as a
committer, PMC member and Struts user, I want it too.

Wearing my PMC hat, I'd be surprised if that approach would well serve
the Shale community. You can dress it up anyway you want, but in the
end, this approach will have the effect of demoting Shale to an
appendage of SAF, rather than a framework in its own right.

We like to chatter about what's best for Struts, or what Struts is,
but I think the key question is what's Shale, and what's best for
Shale? I remain concerned that, after two years on a greenfield, there
has not been a GA release of Shale. I have to wonder if keeping Shale
here is stunting the community's growth.

We've heard from Craig, but in order to make any kind of decision, I'd
have to know how the other people working on Shale feel.