On 6/28/06, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/28/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ted Husted wrote:
> > Though, there's no reason why we couldn't use
> >
> >>   repos/asf/struts/struts1
> >>   repos/asf/struts/struts2
> >
> > Or
> >
> >>   repos/asf/struts/framework
> >>   repos/asf/struts/framework2
>
> I like struts1/struts2.

Yep, I do too. It's simple and straighforward - the best way to minimise
confusion and make it obvious what goes where.

+1.

If we're not going to go with "codename" identifiers (although I'm
personally partial to that ... all the Creator releases have had
shark-themed names :-), then struts1/struts2 makes a lot of sense.  The
"generational" theme resonates, and encourages the correct amount of
forethought before making substantively backwards incompatible changes.

--
Martin Cooper

Craig