Sorry, should have put that in...

i would suggest either

A) Tiles as its own TLP:  Apache Tiles
B) Tiles as a Jakarta subproject:  Jakarta Tiles

if you do A, then keep your focus to Tiles.  that doesn't mean you
can't have other projects in a Tiles TLP; it just means they should be
either built specifically for use with Tiles or else dependent on
Tiles.

if you do B, then Tiles should never have any subprojects of its own,
but it can gather into a "grouping" or "sub-community" with other
Jakarta subprojects.  This is essentially what was proposed and
discussed in the thread i sent.

On 11/28/06, David H. DeWolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nathan Bubna wrote:
> I know i'm not really much involved with Tiles lately, but i'd just
> like to say that i think the idea of a topic-centered umbrella project
> is a bad idea and not especially likely to be favored by the ASF these
> days.

Just curious, what do you suggest instead?