First of all Happy New Year to everyone! .... and then a bit of a
philosophical email - something related to previous post by Rainer and
something that bothered me for the last couple of months.

Before the merge, I was spending a lot of my spare time contributing
to WW and on the XWork side along with Rainer, Jason, and occasionally
a couple of more guys. The direction was clear for everybody and
everybody knew where we are heading to. During the merge and
afterwards, I got very confused... I've seen lots of emails in the
form: "hey I've thought about this incredible idea, how does it
sound?... oh by the way I have already implemented it... (and as a
side note it changes everything you knew about the underlying
pieces)". At this point I have stepped back a bit and I have started
to just watch because I HAD NO IDEA where we want to go - and not the
generic answers. There are lots of discussions about alphas, betas,
GAs, etc releases but I haven't seen a single one that would qualify
itself to be promoted to final users.

Now I see Rainer asking for help and I tend to see the reasons why.
And as always I would be happy to help, but I frankly would like to
see what the intentions are. Because, once again, I would like to
understand why I would put my efforts behind it - and hopefully not
just to create a couple of alphas, betas, etc.

BR,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.